MDaemon Server v18.5 Release Notes
MDaemon 18.5.1 - November 13, 2018
 Hosted email options with MDaemon Private Cloud are now available. To learn more, please visit: http://www.altn.com/Products/MDaemon-Private-Cloud/.
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  The AV update schedule now defaults to once every hour. Existing AV schedules set to update daily will be reset to hourly. Please check your AV schedule at Setup | Event Scheduling and make whatever changes you feel necessary.
-  The options to refuse messages that are not RFC compliant or incompatible with DMARC do additional checks for invalid syntax in the From header.
-  Added support for a $COMPANYNAME$ macro that can be used in the MDaemon Connector pushed settings which returns the value of the CompanyName setting in the section for the user's domain in \MDaemon\App\Domains.dat. There is no UI for this setting.
-  Settings for the XMPP BOSH server have been added to the UI at Setup | Web & IM Services | XMPP.
-  Webmail - Changed the view snoozed messages option to display only snoozed messages, instead of displaying snoozed messages in addition to other messages.
-  MDRA - Added "Enable password recovery" and "Enable Remember Me" options to the Webmail domain settings at Main | Domain Manager | %DOMAIN% | Edit | Webmail Settings, and added "Enable password recovery" to Main | Webmail Settings | Settings.
-  MDRA - Added the Full Wipe button on the ActiveSync Clients page. The button is only enabled when the device has agreed to the designated policy.
-  MDRA - Added the Policy Usage page when clicking on the Usage button at Mobile Devices | ActiveSync | Policy Manager.
-  Webmail - Added a status message when the user clicks "Apply Changes" on the Signatures page and the request to the server completes.
-  AntiVirus - Updated Cyren AV to version 6.2.0r2. This version fixes a few reported scanning errors.
-  fix to LetsEncrypt error emails not being sent when specific errors occur
-  fix to IMAP server does not return failure when AUTHENTICATE PLAIN authorization fails
-  fix to MDRA - a global or domain administrator can delete their own account
-  fix to Spam Filter max size setting is disabled in the GUI when using a remote MDSpamD
-  fix to Webmail - a long "cke_protected" line may be added to messages when replying in IE and Firefox
-  fix to Webmail Mobile theme - cannot scroll left to right on HTML emails on iPhones
-  fix to MDRA - unable to add entries to the Spam Filter White and Black lists
-  fix to MDRA - non ASCII characters in mailing list member names are not displayed correctly
-  fix to "Authenticated SMTP sessions are exempt from OP processing" option does not work
-  fix to Webmail - compose toolbar tooltips are not translated
-  fix to HTML markup in account signatures is escaped when inserted into HTML messages
-  fix to Webmail LookOut theme - hang while loading on IE 8 and IE 9
-  fix to reminder message is still sent after a calendar event's reminder is turned off
-  fix to ActiveSync XML/WBXML archiving does not function correctly
-  fix to clamd.exe is started even if ClamAV is disabled when MDaemon runs the first time after installing
-  fix to Webmail - non-ASCII characters in full name of meeting organizer are corrupted when creating an event in a shared calendar folder
-  fix to ActiveSync RequireAdminApproval not enforced when assigned at User Level
-  fix to Webmail - Autocomplete returns an old distribution list found in the common contacts list
-  fix to Webmail - meeting organizer is not able to edit attendees when creating a meeting in a shared calendar folder
-  fix to WorldClient theme - selecting messages and clicking "more" then "Toggle Flag" does nothing
-  fix to the "credentials must match" white list is not checked for the return path address
-  fix to MDRA - registration links are hard coded. Added dynamic Pricing, Purchase, and Upgrade links to each product.
-  fix to DKIM verification fails when using a domain or default signature that contains an inline image
-  fix to outbound message restrictions may not be enforced when sending from an alias
-  fix to SPF failure on HELO value can reject the connection before the client can authenticate
-  fix to ActiveSync MaxClientsPerUser not being enforced correctly at all levels of inheritance
-  fix to Content Filter "If RETURN-PATH and FROM HEADER differ" condition only works on inbound email
-  fix to MD GUI's Queues list includes Bayesian Spam and non-Spam folders when the paths have not been set
-  fix to MD GUI may crash when disabling the Enable XMPP Server option
-  fix to message body may be stripped when using a signature with inline image and DKIM signing is enabled
-  fix to From Header Modification not always handling parsing correctly
-  fix to MDIM contact list expand/collapse buttons do not work properly
-  fix to Webmail error importing particular calendar CSV file
-  fix to archive copy of a message may be sent to a recipient when using a smart host
-  fix to incorrect MIME parsing causing message to not display in Webmail or MDaemon Connector
-  fix to signature images added using the $ATTACH_INLINE$ macro may be duplicated
-  fix to MDIM notifies about all online XMPP contacts when logging in
-  fix to MDIM window pops up after switching away from General Preferences
-  fix to MDIM window does not save its size or location
-  fix to corrupted non-ASCII characters in MDPGP public key creation emails
-  fix to Webmail may not show a paperclip for a message with a PDF attachment
-  fix to XMPP server is slow to send the roster presence after login
-  fix to duplicate public contact may be created when changing an account's domain
-  fix to gateway recipient verification is skipped if sender is noreply@domain
-  fix to Webmail - XMPP - client translations are missing for most languages
-  fix to error when attempting to download an MDPGP public key via HTTP
MDaemon 18.5.0 - September 25, 2018
 BlackBerry Internet Service feature integration has been deprecated and removed. The BIS service (if it still exists) will now interact with MDaemon as it would any other SMTP/IMAP server.
 WAB functionality has been deprecated and removed from Ctrl+U|Other.
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
 MDaemon Instant Messaging in Webmail
The WorldClient and LookOut themes now feature a browser-based XMPP client that lets users instant message without needing to run the MDaemon Instant Messenger desktop application or some other XMPP client application. Users can enable it from Webmail's Options | Personalize screen, "Enable MDaemon's Instant Messaging feature in browser". Admins can enable or disable instant messaging per domain using the Domain Manager, per account using the Account Editor, or per group using the Group Manager. It operates on ports 7070 (HTTP) and 7443 (HTTPS).
 Exempt Webmail from Location Screening
Added a user option in Webmail to exempt Two Factor Authentication logins from Location Screening. If a user has BypassLocationScreeningTFA=Yes in the [User] section of their User.ini file, and Two Factor Auth is enabled for the user, Location Screening is bypassed. This allows users to login to Webmail in countries that would normally be blocked by Location Screening.
 Improved AD Integration
Users whose accounts are set to use AD authentication can now change their AD password in Webmail if the "AllowADPasswordChange" setting is enabled in \MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini. It is disabled by default.
 Signature Macros
MDaemon signatures now support macros that insert contact information from the sender's contact in its domain's Public Contacts folder. This allows default and domain signatures to be personalized with the sender's information. $CONTACTFULLNAME$, for example, inserts the sender's full name, and $CONTACTEMAILADDRESS$ inserts the sender's email address. Use Webmail, MDaemon Connector, or ActiveSync to edit the public contacts. Blank values are used if no contact exists for the sender. See the documentation for a full list of supported macros.
The placement of MDaemon signatures can now also be controlled, if the sender wants them somewhere other than the bottom of the message. Use $SYSTEMSIGNATURE$ to place the default/domain signature, and $ACCOUNTSIGNATURE$ to place the account signature.
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURESS
-  ActiveSync: Enforcing the EAS spec so that full wipe of clients is only possible if a policy has been applied.
-  Report Weak Password feature now reports an error if invalid or non-local recipient is entered.
-  Errant AV definition count removed from UI and auto-generated emails. This information is no longer available/relevant.
-  Added ActiveSync to the Accounts section in the left pane of the MDaemon GUI.
-  Low disk space calculations updated for large drives and auto generated warning emails use MB now rather than bytes.
- (MDPC ONLY)  MDRA - Added ability for domain admins to export users
-  MDRA - Added mail list views (except List Administrators) for list admins.
-  Webmail - Added options in the Compose and Options | Compose views to toggle the direction of the editor.
-  Webmail - Added ability for remembering the collapsed state between sessions for Favorite, Saved Search, Personal, Shared, Public, and My Folders.
- (MDPC ONLY)  MDRA - Added ability for Domain admins to give users access to MDaemon Connector
-  MDRA - Added a completed action notification to the bottom of the page when the user saves or takes an action on a page
-  MDRA - Added the rest of the Event Scheduling dialog for Mail Scheduling
-  Webmail - Added a plugin to the HTML editor that automatically converts a pasted URL into a link
-  MDRA - Added options to set custom HTTP response headers for the built in Webserver that WC and RA run on. Main->Webmail Settings->Web Server and Main->Remote Admin Settings->Settings. The option to UseHttpStrictTransport security is migrated when the server starts.
-  Webmail - Added an option to edit a contact after it is added from the From header in the message preview and external message views
-  Webmail - Added the Days selection checkboxes to the Options | Autoresponder view
-  Webmail - Added the ability to import an external calendar via URL on the Calendar Import view. Added External Calendars view to manage added URLs.
-  MDRA - Added MultiPOP-retrieved messages to all inbound charts
-  WorldClient theme - Added an "urgent" indicator in front of the subject heading on the compose view when a message is marked urgent
-  MDaemon can be configured to not create POP lock files, which prevent multiple POP3 clients from accessing the same account at the same time, by editing MDaemon.ini and setting [Special] CreatePOPLockFiles=No.
-  The Account Manager right-click menu has a new "Move Mail" option which lets you select a new root path for the account folder structure (ie.. this means you can replace the default C:\MDaemon\Users\ with an alternative). Selected accounts will have their entire folder structure moved to the new location. This includes all emails, folders, calendars, and really all data for the account. Although you select the new root folder MDaemon will automatically append "$DOMAIN$\$MAILBOX$\" to it so that the resulting filtered mail folder paths stay properly separated. Keep the number of characters in the root path as few as possible because there is still a 90 character limit on the total length of the account mail directory field. The "New Accounts" template's default mail folder path is also updated with this new value. This operation can be used to easily migrate user data from one volume to another either all at once or in blocks of users at different times. Pay heed to
warning screens. This operations moves and deletes your user's critical data and there is always a potential for a mistake or failure to cause the entire loss of it. Therefore make a backup of the user data before migrating. This is easy by copying the existing root mail folder (C:\MDaemon\Users\ by default) somewhere else manually (Windows Explorer).
-  Webmail - Added the ability to change the categories on a per occurrence basis for calendar events.
-  Webmail - Added an option that allows a saved search to be cancelled upon selecting a different message folder.
-  Webmail - Added an HTTP JSON API with full documentation located at \MDaemon\Docs\API\WorldClient\WorldClientAPI.html
-  Webmail - Signature text in the compose editor now starts out read-only, to prevent users from accidentally typing message text there and having it erased when switching the From address.
-  MDRA - Frozen accounts are no longer allowed to login.
-  MDRA - Added Release and Re-Queue buttons to the Quarantine Queue
-  MDRA - Updated FusionCharts to 3.12.2
-  MDRA and Webmail - Updated CKEditor to 4.9.2 and added Speech Recognition plugin.
-  MDRA - Added "Importing Members" status indicator
-  MDRA - Added "Importing User Accounts" status indicator
-  MDRA - Added button to restrict MD folder access to Admins, Backup Operators, and SYSTEM accounts at Setup | Preferences | Disk
-  The ATRN password field was moved from the Settings page to the Dequeue page within the Gateway Editor and the ATRN field will not enable without a password.
-  MDRA - Added more Recommended Settings buttons to the following views:
- Security | Screening | Hijack Detection, Location Screening
- Security | Dynamic Screening | Options / Customize, Dynamic Whitelist, Protocols, Notifications
- Security | Content Filter | Attachments, Notifications, Recipients, Compression
- Spam Filter | Spam Filter | Spam Daemon (MDSpamD)
- Spam Filter | Spam Honeypots
- Logs | Log Settings | Log Mode, Statistics Log, Windows Event Log, Maintenance, Settings, Remote Admin Log Settings
-  MDRA - When deleting a message in the Queues the next message is selected in the list
-  MDRA - When a log is filtered a user can click on a line and it will open a frame to the page where that line is located, scroll to that line in the log, and highlight the line.
-  MDRA - Added button in the log viewer to turn on AutoRefresh. The setting for the auto refresh interval is located at Logs | Log Settings | Remote Admin Log Settings and the value has a minium of 5 with a maximum of 9999 in seconds.
-  MDRA - Added sorting to the ActiveSync Devices list under Mobile Devices | ActiveSync | Domains | Manage Devices. Sorting column and direction persist between sessions in the same browser (saved to browser storage).
-  MDRA - Added ability to monitor, start, and stop SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and MultiPOP services to Main | Status
-  MDRA - Added the 'Remove contacts which are missing name or phone data' button to Spam Filter | Spam Filter | Whitelist (auto) page
-  MDRA - Added the Restore Queues page at Setup | Mail Queues/DSN | Restore Queues Settings
-  MDRA - Added avupdate.log to the log files list at Logs | Log Files.
-  Changed installer to only overwrite Cyren AV definitions if older or missing
-  Webmail - Added the ability to remove a contact from the common contacts list when selecting a contact from the autocomplete list by using the "Delete" key (in Windows) on the selected contact.
-  WorldClient theme - Made MDaemon PGP encryption options more visible to the user
-  MDRA - Added ability to assign/edit policy settings per account at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Account Management
-  MDRA - Added "Revoke All Accounts" button at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Account Management
-  MDRA - Added the Client Management page at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Client Management
-  MDRA - Added option to "Enable all domains unless explicitly disabled" at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Domain Management
-  MDRA - Added "Day of month reset bandwidth statistics" option at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Client Management | Select a client and click "Client Settings"
-  MDRA - Added "Enforce protocol restrictions" option at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Client Settings | Edit an item in the list to view the client settings.
-  MDRA - Added more options to the Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Diagnostics page
-  MDRA - Added the "Create Tasks/Reminders for Flagged Mail Items" option at Mobile Devices | Active Sync | Client Settings | Edit an item in the list to view the client settings.
-  Updated to MDaemon Connector version 5.6.0
-  MDRA - Added a session cookie to increase the session security
-  CalDAV and WebDAV now support the creation and deletion of calendar, task, and contact folders from clients that support the MKCalendar and MKCol commands.
-  CalDAV server now stores the calendar color property and returns it to other CalDAV clients. At this time CalDAV calendar colors are not synchronized with Webmail.
-  Added support for the SASL-IR IMAP extension (RFC 4959).
-  Added IPv6 support to the XMPP server. Requires Vista/Server 2008 or newer.
-  fix to Webmail - Folder ACL editor corrupts non-ASCII characters in Hiwater.mrk and AclShLookup.dat
-  fix to MDRA - When you create a new mailing list with a group as a member, a notification is sent to the actual "GROUP" entry
-  fix to LookOut theme - User Permissions for shared folder not displayed
-  fix to Mobile theme - Events are not loaded in the calendar view when switching months or years
-  fix to MDRA - "To address is missing" appears in "send note" content filter rules created by MDRA
-  fix to Webmail - In certain instances, a recipient's Display Name will be sent in punycode
-  fix to MDRA - Unable to add Dynamic Screening blacklist entry to an empty list
-  fix to whitelist@ and blacklist@ message parser ignoring \"From\" data when split to multiple lines
-  fix to pfdata.dat file not updating when renaming a public folder via the GUI
-  fix to mail folders are not moved during domain rename operation
-  fix to errant data in email sent when accounts are frozen by hijack detection
-  fix to possible crash when closing Mailing List Manager
-  fix to MDRA - Up/Down arrows don't move content filter rules
-  fix to MDRA - Domain Admins cannot apply the password options in an account
-  fix to MDRA - Added the De-list button to the Account Manager page
-  fix to Webmail - When the Edit IMAP Filters option is disabled, the Add Filter option is available
-  fix to Webmail - Forwarding mail in the Edge browser causes message body to disappear
-  fix to MDRA - excess whitespace on DS White and BlackList dialogs in Firefox
-  fix to MDRA - DS notification address can be saved without entering an email address
-  fix to MDRA - DS system options visible on Protocols dialog
-  fix to MDRA - Dynamic Screening Options lists an "Always" log level
-  fix to MDRA - When moving a user from one domain to another, MDaemon Connector permissions don't migrate
-  fix to MDRA - IMAP public folder extension is case sensitive
-  fix to MDRA - Going from ActiveSync Client Settings to Mailing Lists in the pop-out account editor results in mailing lists without a side menu
-  fix to MDRA - Alias selection does not remain highlighted when moving up/down
-  fix to MDRA - Cannot select default DKIM selector without selecting another first
-  fix to MDRA - Have to select No and then Yes to be able to save in Remove Attachments
-  fix to MDRA - Exit Code condition in Content Filter allows non-number entry, saves as NaN
-  fix to MDRA - The 'default notification address' field in the Dynamic Screen feature does not support external addresses
-  fix to MDRA - German account creation error is partial in English
-  fix to MDRA - the Log Parser is only parsing the Routing log file for English servers
-  fix to MD_VerifyUserInfo() not returning MDDLLERR_INVALIDFWD when account forwarding address field is not a valid email address
-  fix to Minger server refusing "noreply@" as invalid address when it shouldn't
-  fix to Webmail may truncate To header when sending a message to many addresses
-  fix to Webmail - Opening non-ASCII attachment on the Compose window in IE causes a 404 error
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - opening Webmail using MDIM by clicking on a folder other than Inbox, results in the clicked folder missing from the list
-  fix to Webmail - Pasting print screen image when composing message in Firefox using print screen button displays image twice
-  fix to MDRA - DomainPOP rules do not show up translated
-  fix to MDaemon Statistics Database fails to upgrade from version 17 to 18 and causes a hang
-  fix to possible MDaemon crash when archiving is enabled
-  fix to MD does not fully evaluate SPF records with deeply nested includes
-  fix to WorldClient theme - Other Headers prompt is missing the OK button
-  fix to MDRA - A message forwarded to a local account is routed to Remote queue when released
-  fix to MDRA - Unable to click the "Client Blacklisted/Whitelisted" boxes
-  fix to MDRA -"Replicate aliases to LDAP" in Alias settings is not disabled when LDAP is not being used
-  fix to MDRA - Shared Folders page doesn't refresh after adding new folder from Account Editor page
-  fix to MDRA - LAN Domains and LAN IPs are not listed
-  fix to MDRA - Invalid email address allowed at Main->Webmail Settings->RelayFax
-  fix to MDRA - missing string for Bandwidth chart
-  fix to MDRA - Alert does not work when Accessing Subscriptions page
-  fix to MDRA - Creation of user doesn't auto populate in list
-  fix to Webmail - Meeting request attendee is able to add additional attendees to the event
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - Compose attachments screen may not list all documents
-  fix to several MDaemon whitelists do not support IPv6 addresses
-  fix to Webmail - Meeting invite attachments that are included in the message instead of the ics file are not added to the meeting when accepted
-  fix to MDaemon Configuration Session is not updated with changes made in Remote Administration to LAN Domains, LAN IPs, IP Shield, and Domain Sharing
-  fix to MDRA - The Webmail Settings screen in Remote Admin's Domain Manager doesn't show the default values for most settings
-  fix to possible WorldClient.exe crash
-  fix to MDRA - Always allow connections from IP doesn't accept IPv6 address at Setup | Server Settings | Servers
-  fix to MDRA - Refuse messages larger than field can be set to negative values at Setup | Server Settings | Servers
-  fix to recipient blacklist is not checked when a null reverse path is used
-  fix to non-ASCII characters in signatures may not appear in received messages
-  fix to accounts are able to access ActiveSync even though ActiveSync is disabled for the domain if auto-provisioning is enabled. Note: You must also un-authorize any existing users from the domain that have already been granted access.
-  fix to MDaemon Connector release notes are sent to admins even when it's not licensed