MDaemon Server v17.0 Release Notes
MDaemon 17.0.2 - May 19, 2017
 Hosted email options with MDaemon Private Cloud are now available. To learn
more, please visit:
-  fix to MultiPOP and DomainPOP when configured to leave mail on the server will
download new messages repeatedly
MDaemon 17.0.1 - May 16, 2017
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Added the Delete Selector button to Remote Administration's DKIM Signing page
-  Added the edit box to Account Editor | Settings in Remote Administration to specify a list of email addresses for automatic processing of meeting requests
-  Added Central Management of OC Local Cache and Attachment Folder to Remote Administration
-  Added text to the Remote Administration logon page to indicate when a new version of MDaemon is available. To disable the text, change UpdateCheck=Yes to UpdateCheck=No in the [Special] section of \MDaemon\WebAdmin\Webadmin.ini
-  Added Mail Archive access to the Queue/Stats Manager
-  Added WorldClient logging information to help identify which message was deleted
-  Added instruction on how to add accounts immediately after creating a domain in Domain Manager
-  WorldClient - browser native alert, confirm, and prompt dialogs have been replaced with non-native dialogs in most cases. If the browser has an issue supporting the new dialogs, the browser dialogs will be displayed.
-  Added text to the WorldClient logon page to indicate when a new version of MDaemon is available. To disable the text, change UpdateCheck=Yes to UpdateCheck=No in MDaemon\WorldClient\Domains.ini
-  Worked around WorldClient being unable to authenticate SMTP connections to MDaemon when both "Enable APOP & CRAM-MD5" and "Allow plain text passwords" are disabled by making an exception for local machine SMTP connections. This can be disabled by setting MDaemon.ini [Special] AllowPlainTextOnLocalhost=No (default is Yes).
-  Renamed the HealthCheck log folder and file from SecurityAnalyzer to MDHealthCheck and changed from GMT to local time.
-  Health Check - Set Recommended now triggers MDaemon to reload settings after the operation is completed.
-  Health Check - No longer displays errors for settings that are not found.
-  Health Check - User is now warned to back up settings prior to setting recommended settings when the Set To Recommended button is clicked.
-  Health Check - Added a warning when IP shield is enabled, but no Domain/IP pairs are listed
-  WorldClient theme - darkened the plus button/icon in the folders view to heighten its contrast with the background
-  WorldClient - Added HTTP log for OAuth setup when there is an authorization failure caused by an HTTP error
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Dropbox - changed the Dropbox link in the Compose view to the direct download instead of the Dropbox preview
-  Remote Administration - browser native alert, confirm, and prompt dialogs have been replaced with non-native dialogs in most cases.
-  fix to Spam Filter Updates page not always allowing a "Save" in Remote Administration
-  fix to various problems with saving a List Description in Remote Administration
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - Adding or removing folders to or from the favorites does not reload the folder list
-  fix to Outlook .msg files attached in WorldClient may be corrupted
-  fix to message is not archived when it is re-queued from the quarantine after setting up an AV exclusion
-  fix to WorldClient theme - the left pane and bottom preview pane sizes change between logins
-  fix to WorldClient - When switching to the LookOut theme from Options | Personalize, the folder list is blank
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - search term is removed when switching between folders of the same type
-  fix to WorldClient theme - In Side by Side view, calendar looks corrupt when enabling additional calendars in Week view
-  fix to MDHealthCheck crash when analyzing if there are many domains
-  fix to IMAP server incorrectly parsing messages with header lines that are too long
-  fix to WorldClient - email address autocomplete - hitting tab twice too quickly results in the address being added twice
-  fix to WorldClient - When downloading files named with Japanese characters they are corrupt when saved using MS Edge
-  fix to WCIM XMPP Client Non-ASCII characters are not encoded correctly
-  fix to WorldClient - some languages that use apostrophes (') - Unable to choose or enter any addresses when sharing a folder
-  fix to garbage characters on MD UI's Browse for Folder dialog
-  fix to attachments may be corrupted in the archive copy of a message
-  fix to bad archive folders are created when incoming emails do not have an address in the From header
-  fix to possible ActiveSync server crash
-  fix to ActiveSync GetAttachment command not being allowed
-  fix to times of messages received using ActiveSync may be off by 1 hour
-  fix to PROPFIND request for CalDAV or CardDAV using .well-known path fails if the path ends with a slash
-  fix to aliases that point to a subaddress folder for an account do not show up under account's aliases
-  fix to account export options including disabled accounts in the export operation
-  fix to AD monitoring creating welcome messages when importing disabled accounts
-  fix to AD monitoring not freezing disabled accounts when so configured (just disabling them)
-  fix to max msg sent per day & spambot detection not recognizing aliases properly
-  fix to list reminders not recognizing aliases properly
-  fix to all groups are unchecked on the MD UI's account templates Groups screen and Account Editor's Mail Folder & Groups screen
-  fix to Account Editor may not have the correct domain selected when opening it from the Domain Manager
-  fix to WorldClient theme - Searches in non-ASCII languages fail to return the expected results
-  fix to MD UI may suggest Dropbox Redirect URI that does not use HTTPS
-  fix to groups from the New Accounts template are not assigned to new accounts imported from a CSV file that does not have a Groups field
-  fix to WorldClient theme - When clicking a favorite folder, no messages are displayed when Collapse Nested Folders is enabled
-  fix to WCIM client not being able to connect when specifying a different XMPP port than the default
-  fix to corrupted Japanese characters in attachment linking filenames
-  fix to all recipients of a message may not be sent in the same outbound session to a smart host
-  fix to mailing list footer may be added to text file attachments
-  fix to WorldClient's Lite and Mobile themes do not display past the first page of contacts in folders whose name contains non-ASCII characters
-  fix to WCIM chat window may strip the character following an emoticon
-  fix to the Aliases screen on the MD UI's Account Editor is not updated after changing the account's email address
-  fix to $USERFIRSTINITIALLC$ macro is not translated when creating a new account in Remote Administration
-  fix to $USERFIRSTNAMELC$ and $USERLASTNAMELC$ macros are not translated when creating accounts using ImportNT
-  fix to the MDaemon service may take too long to stop, causing the service control manager to report an error
-  fix to restarting MDaemon from a Configuration Session UI restarts the MDaemon service but not the UI
-  fix to a variety of Health Check issues
-  fix to XMPP server and WCIM client not correctly handling when chat room nick name already exists
-  fix to "Enable instant messaging" does not work for XMPP
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - Message body removed when replying to email once alias is changed
-  fix to the dynamic screening "...but not when they use the same password every time" option does not work for SMTP sessions
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - When HTML Compose is disabled changes are not saved to the signature
-  fix to content filter "Match case" option for regex header and body search and replace does not work
-  fix to ActiveSync GAL search may not work for iOS devices
-  fix to "Authorize all accounts upon first access via ActiveSync protocol" option not working properly
-  fix to two acceptance notifications are generated when a meeting is accepted using an ActiveSync client
-  fix to ActiveSync client resyncs due to "Setting Status Collection 16 Retry"
-  fix to outdated country list on MD UI's Create SSL Certificate dialog
-  fix to MDPGP-Results header may contain non-ASCII characters
-  fix to changing the color of a CalDAV calendar in BusyCal prevents further synchronization
-  fix to WorldClient - HTML is not working in Login failure help text field
-  fix to unresolved macros in ActiveSync-generated read receipts
-  fix to ActiveSync Client Settings dialog does not correctly preview inherited Domain level settings when editing User or Client
-  fix to MDaemon does not set a subjectAltName value in self-signed certificates that it generates when given a single host name
MDaemon 17.0.0 - March 21, 2017
 The option "Enable APOP & CRAM-MD5" found at F2|Server Settings|Servers
has changed to disabled by default for security and technical reasons. Using TLS
is the preferred way to avoid transmission of passwords in the clear.
 The "Global AUTH Password" setting at Ctrl+S|Sender Authentication|SMTP
Authentication has been deprecated and removed.
 All settings related to ADSP found at Ctrl+S|Sender Authentication|DKIM
Verification and a single option related to the use of the RS= tag found at
Ctrl+S|Sender Authentication|DKIM Settings have been deprecated and removed.
 In-browser WorldClient Instant Messenger (WCIM) has been removed from
the LookOut and WorldClient themes due to incompatibility with the new XMPP WCIM
 The option "Store mailbox passwords using non-reversible encryption" (see
below) is disabled by default for existing installs to avoid breaking anything
for anyone who depends on incompatible features, but for security reasons we
recommend enabling it if you can.
 WorldClient Instant Messenger (WCIM) now uses the XMPP protocol for
instant messaging, which is not compatible with the old chat protocol. Users who
do not update to the new version will not be able to instant message with users
who have updated. Address book synchronization with Outlook has been removed
MAJOR NEW FEATURES
 XMPP support for WorldClient Instant Messenger (WCIM)
WCIM now uses the XMPP protocol for instant messaging instead of WorldClient's
proprietary protocol. This allows the WCIM desktop client to communicate not
only with other WCIM clients, but any third-party XMPP clients (including mobile
clients) connected to your MDaemon's XMPP server.
WCIM now has two types of connections, "WCMailCheck" which connects to
WorldClient for new mail notifications and message counts, and "WCIMXMPP" which
connects to the XMPP server for instant messaging. When updating to version 17,
WCIM will automatically migrate IM contacts from the old system to XMPP and
create a WCIMXMPP account.
 WORLDCLIENT DROPBOX INTEGRATION
A new screen has been added to Ctrl+W|WorldClient (web mail)|Dropbox. Here you
will find controls where you can enter your Dropbox "app key", "app secret", and
and they are all obtained when you register your WorldClientas a Dropbox "app"
by visiting the Dropbox website. We cannot do this for you but it only
needsdoing once. Please see
Knowledge Base article 1166 for complete instructions on how to register
your WorldClient as an app with Dropbox.
Once the "app key" and "app secret" are configured WorldClient will be able to
connect their accounts to a Dropbox account. The first time a user logs into
WorldClient theme or LookOut theme, the user will be presented with a dropdown
at the top of the page. The user has three options, view the dropdown on next
login, never show it again, or go to the new Options | Cloud Apps view. On the
Options | Cloud Apps view, the user can click the Setup Dropbox button. Doing so
will open an OAuth 2.0 popup. The popup details what the user is connecting to,
and what authorizations WorldClient is requesting. There is also a link to the
"Connect to Dropbox" button, the page will navigate to Dropbox. If the user is
not logged into Dropbox, Dropbox will present a site for them to either login or
create an account. Once this step is completed, the user will be presented with
another Dropbox page that asks if the user would like to allow WorldClient to
have full access to his/her account. Clicking "Allow", will take the user back
to WorldClient and tell the user whether or not the authorization was a success.
This authorization is good for one week after which time the same screen is
presented again and another access token is obtained and used for a subsequent
week. Once authorization is completed, the user will be presented with a Dropbox
icon next to each message attachment. Clicking the icon will result in the
attachment being saved to the user's Dropbox account under the
In the Compose view for WorldClient and LookOut themes, users will be able to
choose files from their Dropbox accounts by clicking the Dropbox icon in the
HTML editor's toolbar (top left). This feature does not require the users to
setup access to their accounts via the Options | Cloud Apps view and OAuth 2.0.
It only requires the "app key" and "app secret".
Dropbox integration is disabled by default. The "Enable Dropbox Integration"
checkbox will enable it for all users, or the admin can enable access on a
per-user basis by adding "DropboxAccessEnabled=Yes" to the User.ini.
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Option to store mailbox passwords using non-reversible encryption
Added a checkbox at Ctrl+U|Other|Passwords to store mailbox passwords using non-
reversible encryption. This protects the passwords from being decrypted by
MDaemon, the admin, or a possible attacker. When enabled, MDaemon uses the
bcrypt password hashing function. It allows for longer passwords (up to 72
characters), and for passwords to be preserved yet not revealed when exporting
and importing accounts. Some features such as APOP & CRAM-MD5 authentication and
weak password detection depend on MDaemon being able to decrypt passwords, so
they are not compatible.
This option is enabled by default for new installs and disabled by default for
As part of this change, the Account Editor's "Mailbox password" fields are no
longer populated when editing an account in the UI. Enter a new password (twice)
to change the password or leave them blank to keep the current password.
-  Integration with Let's Encrypt via PowerShell script
Let's Encrypt is a certificate authority that provides free certificates for
Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption via an automated process designed to
eliminate the current complex process of manual creation, validation, signing,
installation, and renewal of certificates for secure websites.
A PowerShell script that supports LetsEncrypt is now installed to the
MDaemon\LetsEncrypt directory. A dependency of the script, the ACMESharp
requires PowerShell 3.0 . This means this script will not work on Windows
WorldClient must be listening on port 80 or the HTTP challenge cannot be
completed and the script will not work. You will need to correctly set the
execution policy for PowerShell before it will allow you to run this script.
Running the script will set everything up for LetsEncrypt, including putting the
necessary files in the WorldClient HTTP directory to complete the http-01
challenge. It uses the SMTP host name of the default domain as the domain for
the certificate, retrieves the certificate, imports it into Windows, and
configures MDaemon to use the certificate.
The script creates a log file in the MDaemon\Logs\ directory called
LetsEncrypt.log. This log file is removed and recreated each time the script
runs. The log includes the starting date/time of the script but it does not
include a date/time stamp for each action. Notification emails can be sent when
an error occurs. This is done using the $error variable which is automatically
created and set by PowerShell.
If you have an FQDN setup for your default domain that does not point to the
MDaemon server, this script will not work. If you want to setup alternate host
names in the certificate you can do so. You need to pass the alternate host
names on the command line.
Example usage: ..\LetsEncrypt.ps1 -AlternateHostNames
mail.domain.com,imap.domain.com,wc.domain.com -IISSiteName MySite -To
You do not need to include the FQDN for the default domain in the
AlternateHostNames list. For example, our default domain, altn.com, is
configured with an FQDN of mail1.altn.com. We use an alternate host name of
mail.altn.com. When I run the script, I only pass mail.altn.com as an alternate
host name. If you pass alternate host names, an HTTP challenge will need to be
completed for each them. If the challenges are not all completed the process
will not complete correctly.
If you do not need to pass in alternate host names then do not include the
–AlternateHostNames parameter in the command line. If you do not want to have
email notifications sent when an error occurs do not include the –To parameter
in the command line.
If you are running WorldClient via IIS, you will need to pass this script the
name of your site using the -IISSiteName parameter. You must have Microsoft's
Web Scripting tools installed in order for the certificate to be automatically
setup in IIS.
-  Added a new troubleshooting utility called MDaemon Health Check located
at MDaemon\App\MDHealthCheck.exe. Running it will check MDaemon security related
settings (AV, SPAM, SSL, etc.) for settings that are not recommended. It allows
the user to change any settings that are not recommended to the recommended
setting. It also creates a log file of the process in MDaemon\Logs which also
includes any errors (errors about missing settings are not a concern) or
warnings found. The user can open the most recent log from the utility. It can
be launched from the MDaemon UI using the new toolbar button or menu item in the
-  Added Content Filter option to quarantine the entire message when it
contains a restricted attachment.
-  Added means to "authorize/approve" new devices that are allowed to use
To require approval of any new client that connects, simply set the checkbox in
the client settings dialog for the level at which you wish to enforce it, either
global, domain or user.
A new Filter combobox is preset on the client list dialog, which allows the
admin to look at all clients or clients awaiting approval.
To Authorize a client that requires approval... one can right click on the
client in the list of clients and choose "Authorize client..."
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added Desktop Notifications for event
reminders and task reminders.
-  Ctrl+Q|Mail Queues|Retry Queue has a new checkbox which enables sending
of a "successful delivery" DSN any time a message is delivered which has
previously been delayed and placed in the retry queue for whatever reason.
-  Ctrl+S|Preferences|Headers option to create optional "For" clause in
Received headers has been deprecated and removed. MDaemon no longer generates
this optional clause when creating Received headers.
-  First time access to SMTP/IMAP/POP server from any IP having previously
provided incorrect credentials will result in a warning added to the Screening
log along the lines of "<Protocol> access granted to <IP> using <email
address>'s credentials after having FAILED previous on <Date>" or similar.
-  WorldClient - Added an option under Options | Personalize to allow inline
images in messages from Whitelisted senders and contacts from the user's default
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added an option next to attachments in
the attachment list to remove attachments from a message
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added the ability to create multiple
signatures, and assign them on a per email address basis. Users can create,
edit, and delete signatures in the Options | Compose view. In the Compose view,
changing the from address will change the signature, and there is also a list of
signatures to choose from in the advanced options. Each time a user opens a
Compose view, all the signatures are loaded. The number of signatures per user
is limited to 30 in order to prevent slow load times.
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added ability to import vCards (.vcf
files) into WorldClient default contacts folder. There will be an icon next to
any vcf file in the message attachment list.
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added an option in the compose view for
users to send a message at a future date and time. Users can set the date and
time fields which will set the Deferred-Delivery message header for the email
when saved as a draft or when sent. Deferred Delivery must be enabled in MDaemon
at F2|Server Settings|Message Recall.
-  Dynamic Authentication was renamed to Active Directory or AD
Authentication which is what is it and I'm trying to use the correct terms. This
caused a change to UI verbiage at Account Settings|Account Details screen and
Ctrl+U|Active Directory|Monitoring. As part of this work the Account
Settings|Account Details screen was also changed to remove the "Optional sync
password" field (UI change only) and add a field to specifying an optional AD
account name to be used with authentication (UI change only).
-  Several problems were fixed related to mail folder relocation when an
account changes email address or mail folder. The option at
Ctrl+O|Preferences|System which controlled whether mail folders were relocated
has been deprecated and removed. MDaemon will always attempt to move mail
folders when necessary.
-  A new checkbox was added to Ctrl+O|Preferences|Headers which toggles
whether host names & IPs are included when "Received:" and potentially other
message headers are constructed. This option is disabled by default.
-  A new checkbox was added to Ctrl+P|DNS-BL|Settings which allows you to
ignore DNS-BL results that are outside the range of 127.0.0.1 to
127.255.255.255. This option is disabled by default.
-  Remote Administration can now edit per-user or global permissions for
the WorldClient Documents folder.
-  Added missing Domain Manager screens to Remote Administration.
-  Remote Administration now allows certain edits to more than one list
member at a time.
-  The UI status bar up-time indicator has a changed layout for easier
-  MDPGP: improved logging of certain error conditions
-  SMTP Mailbox Invalid error response will now include the value that was
determined to be invalid
-  Reworked the Global Mailing List Subscriptions Options in Remote
Administration. These settings are now in the Remote Admin settings rather than
on their own page under "My Mailing Lists."
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added ability to search all folders or
sub folders of the selected folder. To use this feature open the Advanced Search
options and select the Search All Folders or Search Sub Folders radio button. If
a message in the search results is from a folder with limited permissions, the
message will have a redish-orange color to it, and most actions a user would
normally be able to perform on the message will not be permitted. If a user has
very large folders, Search All is NOT recommended due to the long wait for the
request. However, canceling a search no longer leaves the user waiting, but
instead cancels any search on the server and returns the client to a normal
folder view without search results.
-  WorldClient theme - increased the effective area for clicking a checkbox
in the list views (Email, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Documents)
-  WorldClient will no longer display DKIM validated icon after 7 days from
the Date header value of a message
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added the ability for users to import
to the Inbox or download (instead of only view) a .eml message attachment.
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - added ability to quick search for a
folder when moving/copying messages
-  LookOut theme - Changed the calendar events in LookOut to use the
calendar color for the entire border instead of only the left border
-  WorldClient - Compose view - Updated the HTML editor to CKEditor version
4.6.1. The new version now includes a Copy Formatting feature.
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added an option to Edit a meeting after
accepting an invitation in the Invitation Dialog. After the user clicks the
"Accept" or "Accept Tentatively" box, the Invitation Dialog opens. If the user
wishes to edit the meeting after accepting the invite, the user can click the
"Edit the meeting" checkbox. After the user clicks OK, the Calendar Event
editor will open to the meeting in question. If the user chose to edit the
response, the Calendar Event editor will open after the response is sent.
-  LookOut and WorldClient themes - Added an option under Options |
Personalize to Display New Messages Count in the page title. This setting is
enabled by default.
-  WorldClient theme - Added the message count to the hover title/tooltip
for mail folders
-  WorldClient - Added city and state to fields searched when searching
-  Ctrl+Q|Mail Queues|Retry Queue has a new option to toggle sending of
delivery delay DSNs.
-  The ActiveSync log level can now be set at a per user/domain basis.
-  The GetVersionInfo XMLAPI command now reports PRO/Cloud information.
-  Added the ability to alter/control log entries that use a 0x########
status code in ActiveSync, AutoDiscover, XMLAPI modules.
Log Entry modification flags include:
- [Logs:IgnoreSession] Aborts the logging if the Session ID specified is to be
ignored... (ie. 00000012=1)
- [Logs:InfoToWarning] Elevates an Info level log entry to a warning level (ie.
- [Logs:DebugToWarning] Elevates a Debug level log entry to a warning level (ie.
- [Logs:WarningToInfo] Deprecates an Error or Warning level level log entry to an
Info level (ie. 0x########=1)
- [Logs:IgnoreEntry] Aborts logging that event id (ie. 0x########=1)
-  ActiveSync Sync Rollback Notifications
The ActiveSync Service can now notify the administrators if a client is
repeatedly/frequently sending expired Sync Keys in Sync operations.
These merely inform the admin that the server issued a rollback for a
given collection because a client made a sync request with the most recently
expired Sync Key. The subject states "ActiveSync Client Using expired Sync Key".
This could occur because of a network issue or something about the content
previously sent to the client in that collection. In some cases, the item id
will be there, it merely depends upon whether or not the previous sync on that
collection sent any items.
Rollback warnings do not mean the client is out of Sync, it means that the
client has the potential to go out of Sync and our internal system detected it.
Rollback warnings are issued for a collection no more than once per 24 hour
- [System] SendRollbackNotifications=[0|1|Yes|No|True|False]
- [System] RollbackNotificationThreshhold=[1-254] : The number of rollbacks that
must occur on a given collection prior to a notification being sent to the
admin. We recommend a value of at least 5 here, since Network hiccups play a
part in this.
- [System] RollbackNotificationCCUser=[0|1|Yes|No|True|False] : Whether or not to
CC the user whose client sent that expired Sync Key.
-  ActiveSync Corrupt Message Notifications
The ActiveSync Service can now notify the administrators if a particular
message cannot be processed. These are sent in real time to inform the admin of
a mail item that could not be parsed and that further action on this item is not
possible. The subject states "Corrupt message notification". These items, in
previous versions, could lead to a crash. In most cases, the content of the msg
file will not be MIME data, however, if it is MIME data, it is likely corrupt.
You can choose to CC the affected user of these notifications with the CMNCCUser
key so that they are aware that an email has arrived in their mailbox that is
un-readable. The appropriate action for these is to move the designated msg file
from the user's mailbox and analyze it to determine both why it is not able to
be parsed and how it came to exist in the state that it is in.
- [System] CMNCCUser==[0|1|Yes|No|True|False]
-  An option to allow file transfers in WCIM has been added at
Ctrl+W|WorldClient (web mail)|WCIM.
-  The ActiveSync Service now cleans up old archived Xml and WbXml archives
during its nightly maintenance processing. The number of days for retention can
be specified from the Service Diagnostics Page. This assists you in maintaining
a fixed window of archival data for diagnostic purposes without having to
monitor and remove them manually. Also, ActiveSync Xml and WbXml archives can be
configured to go to the Logs\AirSync directory has it has done historically, or
to go to a Debug directory under the User's _ActiveSync/Client directory.
-  Updated MDSpamD to include Encode module for charset conversion and
-  Screens about BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) have been removed from
the 64-bit MDaemon's UI, since BES is only compatible with the 32-bit MDaemon.
-  The ActiveSync Client Information dialog now displays complete IP
-  Added a simple searching function to Remote Administration's Queue
Management. The "*" wildcard can be used when the exact search text is not
-  Remote Administration will now validate email addresses added as List or
-  Added 32-bit/64-bit info to MDaemon.ini and MDStats Configuration
-  Added XMPP configuration screen to Remote Administration.
-  Added the Weak Password Report functionality to Remote Administration
-  Added button to Remote Administration's Password Options that goes
through all accounts and flags any of them with a weak password to require a
password change. Note that this could result in accounts being locked out, so
there are warnings in place. Passwords can be changed using the UI, WorldClient
or MDaemon Remote Administration.
-  Added the ability to disable logging of messages in XMPP Server logs
-  Added missing Gateway Verification options to Remote Administration
-  Added case-insensitive search option to ActiveSync Log Viewer
-  Added the ability to download a read-only copy of a calendar in
iCalendar/webcal format. This allows for a calendar to be viewed and subscribed
to in Outlook, Google Calendar, Mac iCal, and other applications. A read-only
private URL, which contains a unique access token, allows for access without
requiring an account’s login details. To view or reset the private URL for a
calendar, select "Share Folder" from the calendar's context menu in WorldClient
using the WorldClient or Lookout theme. Viewing or resetting the private URL
requires "Administer / Full Control" access.
-  Added support for Outlook 2007 and later's
"Publish your calendar on a WebDAV server" feature. Only the "Limited
details" and "Full details" options are supported, as WorldClient does not
support events without a subject. The URL must be the CalDAV path of a existing
WorldClient calendar. The CalDAV path for a folder can be found from the "Share
Folder" dialog for the calendar in WorldClient. The calendar's CalDAV path is
its "private iCalendar feed URL" before "calendar.ics", i.e.
https://company.test:3000/webdav/calendars/company.test/user1/. Please note that
any existing events in the WorldClient calendar will not be deleted, however
these will not be visible in Outlook.
-  An edit box was added to Account Editor|Account Settings|Settings which
lets you enter a short list of email addresses for use with the automatic
processing of calendar requests.
-  ASMC logging has been improved and is more readable for diagnostic
-  Added options to the Outlook Connector centralized management for local
cache filename and attachments directory. By default they are not pushed to OC
clients. Enable the option to tell OC clients to move their data to the default
or custom locations. Requires OC plugin version 4.5.0 or newer. An example
custom local cache filename is "%APPDATA%\Alt-N\Outlook Connector
-  Management Service (XMLAPI) now supports SetQueueState operation.
-  ASMC: Added the ability to select which folder types to migrate. Run
ASMC /? to see new /FolderTypes flags.
-  MDaemon starts warning about impending license deactivation 7 days in
advance (up from 5 days).
-  Removed obsolete settings from Ctrl+W|WorldClient (web mail)|WCIM.
-  XMLAPI: UpdateDomain/Parameters/Details/Disabled does not work. FIXED.
-  XMLAPI: UpdateUser operation does not enforce strong password
-  fix to incorrect tab order when adding a new List Member in Remote
-  fix to options missing from Remote Administration's MultiPOP settings
-  fix to from header modification not happening when from header data
split to multiple lines
-  fix to Remote Administration defaults for Greylisting don't match
-  fix to Remote Administration defaults for DMARC Settings don't match
-  fix to Remote Administration defaults for IPv6 don't match MDaemon's
-  fix to Remote Administration's ActiveSync Device Details dialog will not
show details for anything but first listed device
-  fix to Remote Administration's Content Filter "rule jump" action not
showing all available rules
-  fix to incorrect wording of Strong Passwords error in Remote
-  fix to Remote Administration allowing admin to attempt to modify several
accounts at once
-  fix to MDPGP decrypt/verify operations too strict with auth credentials
-  fix to inconsistent application of SMTP and queue-based spam scans in
-  fix to Mailing Lists Administrators and Outlook Connector Authorized
Users not being saved properly in Remote Administration
-  fix to mailing list editor allowing lists called "noreply" to be created
-  fix to F3 not auto-selecting the full name field for typing once the
-  fix to tab order not working properly in MDPGP UI, Domain Manager UI,
and Mailing List Manager UI
-  fix to disabled/frozen accounts sometimes improperly re-enabled in the
-  fix to Remote Administration's mailbox size reports tooltip not showing
correct value for very large mailboxes with quotas
-  fix to Unknown Error when attempting to re-use an old password in Remote
-  fix to slight error with IP Validating function in Remote Administration
-  fix to adding inline images to an email message breaks Domain Signatures
-  fix to LookOut theme - "Remote images were blocked" not being translated
in external message window
-  fix to WorldClient theme - When printing a calendar, the print dialog
window does not launch
-  fix to Remote Administration's Mailing List Subscription Manager not
usable for non-local users
-  fix to IPv6 addresses not processed properly when computing Received
-  fix to LookOut theme - some languages - When selecting categories, the
last option is cut off at the bottom
-  fix to Mobile theme - no scroll bars on HTML emails
-  fix to WorldClient - When removing an attachment, browser ask if you
want to leave the page
-  fix to WorldClient theme - Search retains settings between switching
folders in Contacts but does not show search term
-  fix to WorldClient theme - Subject header text is truncated when viewed
with a right preview pane
-  fix to LookOut theme - Unable to create Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, or
Notes sub-folders in succession
-  fix to WorldClient - Japanese - When clicking Group By Company
uncategorized contacts are not displayed
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - Slideshow feature not working in
IE11 when message preview is enabled
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - The Default Contacts View
setting is not applied when clicking "To" in a composed message
-  fix to Remote Administration allowed non-local addresses to be added as
List or Domain Administrators
-  fix to XMPP Server sending Task/Calendar reminders with missing CR/LF
-  fix to MDPGP logging message init errors even when debug logging
-  fix to confusing text in two MDPGP debug log strings
-  fix to unable to enable an account in Remote Admin that has an existing
-  fix to certain changes to DKIM Signing Settings in Remote Admin not seen
by MDaemon until server restart
-  fix to Account Editor items in Remote Admin out of order
-  fix to ActiveSync crash in mdmbsrch.dll when a search reads a corrupt
-  fix to Winsock errors when using Outlook 2013 with ActiveSync
-  fix to possible MDASMgmt.dll crash when corrupt data is present in
-  fix to non-ASCII characters are corrupt in read receipts generated by
the ActiveSync server
-  fix to no results when doing an ActiveSync DeepTraversal search on a
virtual shared folder
-  fix to CalDAV/CardDAV GET responses do not contain a required ETag HTTP
header. This results in errors when attempting to synchronize a single item
with the "DAVdroid" client.
-  fix to incorrect label on the IPv6 screen in Remote Administration
-  fix to ActiveSync "Virtually merge public contacts into default
contacts" option not working
-  fix to LookOut theme - IE8 - the 'Delete' button on the button bar above
the message list does not delete messages when they contain attachments
-  fix to WorldClient - When exporting a calendar, the first Required
Attendee is duplicated
-  fix to possible WorldClient server crash
-  fix to possible CFEngine.exe crash
-  fix to CalDAV-Sync Android client unable to synchronize annual recurring
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - archive instances of recurring
tasks should include recurrence information
-  fix to iOS clients may not be sent all mail when doing an initial sync
after changing the filter type to "All"
-  fix to incorrect error response when an ActiveSync client requests to
search using an invalid collection ID
-  fix to invalid folder ID in Ping request may cause BlackBerry ActiveSync
client to resync
-  fix to MDaemon may hang for 10-30 seconds while attempting to validate a
remote SSL certificate if it cannot download certificate or revocation data from
the internet. Set MDaemon.ini [SSL] OfflineCertificateValidation=Yes to prevent
MDaemon from trying to download such data.
-  fix to Remote Administration allowing non-numeric characters on the
Ports configuration screen
-  fix for Outlook Connector, if the first instance of a recurring
appointment is changed outside of Outlook, the occurrence may no longer appear
-  fix to ActiveSync recipient cache not retaining as many objects as it
-  fix to LookOut and WorldClient themes - unread counts do not get updated
after deleting messages in a folder
-  fix to plugins log not archiving, not rolling-over by size, not updating
file name, etc.
-  fix to WorldClient - Safari 10 - LookOut and WC themes do not always
-  fix to absolute paths in some localized configuration files
-  fix to incorrect minger query results in some cases
-  fix to AccountPrune.log and ListPrune.log do not have file size limits
-  fix to Domain Sharing buttons disabled in Remote Administration
-  fix to minor formatting issue on Accounts page in Remote Administration
-  fix to meeting request notes are not read from iCalendar COMMENT field
-  fix to Outlook may crash after downloading an event with a start or end
date before 1900 using ActiveSync
-  fix to rare but potential crash when opening the Updates screen in
-  fix to memory leak in MDaemon UI while displaying ActiveSync sessions
-  fix to WorldClient memory leak
-  fix to possible memory corruption when sending DMARC aggregate reports