Outlook Connector for MDaemon v4.X Release Notes
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.5.0 - March 28, 2017
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Added option to configure forwarding within out of office settings in Outlook.
Requires MDaemon 16.5.2 or newer.
-  The out of office UI displays and saves the responder message text even when the responder
is turned off. Requires MDaemon 16.5.2 or newer.
-  Added Spam and Ham buttons for OC Toolbar
-  "Send meeting requests in iCalendar format" setting is enabled by default
-  Added support for 64-bit MSI installer. Changes have also been made to the former 32-bit MSI installer.
As of now, there are two MSI installers, the 32-bit MSI installer and the 64-bit MSI installer. Language specific
transform (.MST) files are available for the 32-bit MSI installer and the 64-bit MSI installer. There are 16 transform
files for the 32-bit MSI installer and 16 transform files for the 64-bit MSI installer. The main language of the
32-bit and 64-bit MSI installers are English. You may use the transform files to customize the language of OC. You may use the
MSI installer and the transform file, if applicable, to deploy OC through group policies.
-  Disable/warn users who try to create an out of office message when they do not have the
permissions on MDaemon to do so
-  Autoupdate notification prompt will not occur if the OC service is not running
-  Updated SQLite to version 3.16.2
-  Added support for DB relocation when database path changed from the server
-  Added proxy server support for license requests. If the installer
is unable to download a license file it now prompts for a proxy server address
and credentials which it will use to retry the HTTPS request.
-  Added support for attachment directory relocation when changed from the server
-  Added support for Automatic Update Service Feature in 64-bit OC version. It is
a feature that keeps your client up-to-date with the latest OC releases. When you have auto
update enabled, it will check for updates. When updates are available, the user will be prompted
to upgrade. A popup dialog box will prompt the user to either install the updates or be reminded
later. If the user clicks "Yes", Outlook will shut down, the latest updates will be installed and
Outlook will restart after the installation. The initial installation of the OC client requires
a user with administrative rights to manually install the auto update service. The auto update
service handles the update deployment, allowing users without administrative rights to install
updates. The auto update service must be running for the auto update feature to work. The Automatic
Update Service Feature for 64-bit OC version requires MDaemon v16.5.0 or higher.
-  fix to Excel may hang when clicking the To button in the compose window when sending
a spreadsheet as an attachment
-  fix to searches that should return results occasionally return no results on Outlook 2013 or newer
-  fix to possible Outlook crash when doing a send/receive while searching
-  fix to clicking on the "Click here to see what's new before installing Outlook Connector for
MDaemon" link in the server installer does not open the default web browser
-  fix to when creating an account, clicking the "Test & Get Account Settings" button
may clear the Your Name and Organization fields
-  fix to meeting invite from 3cx not displaying HTML part of email
-  fix to OL 2016 crash when messages sorted by category
-  fix to Outlook will not start up and load profile if the "Your Name" field is empty
-  fix to Swedish and Dutch translations incorrect for bitness and version check on client installers
-  fix to OC shortcut for license agreement not working in 32-bit client installer
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.0.1 - November 15, 2016
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Added support for TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2 for secure connections to MDaemon.
Requires Windows 7 or newer.
-  Environment variables such as %APPDATA% may be used in OC's database path
and attachments directory values. OC defines two custom variables: %OUTLOOKPROFILE%
which expands to the Outlook profile name and %OUTLOOKEMAIL% which expands to the OC
account's email address.
-  fix to iCalendar meeting cancellation message for an instance of a recurring
event from OC cannot be removed in WorldClient
-  fix to OC may not apply all centrally managed settings in certain cases
-  fix to corrupted non-ASCII characters on popup about the admin having
specified invalid incoming and/or outgoing servers
-  fix to "Test & Get Account Settings" button may change the
account's display name and user's full name to its email address
-  fix to "Test & Get Account Settings" button may change settings
to be different than what is configured to be pushed by MDaemon
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.0.0 - September 13, 2016
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  The directory where OC stores attachments can now be configured in the
account's config.xml <attachDir> setting. A blank value means use the
default, which is the "Attachments" subdirectory of the local cache
location. To better support roaming profiles it can be changed to a non-roaming
local or network location.
-  OC client settings can be managed via MDaemon's Centralized
Management feature. Outlook Connector settings can be pushed to the
Outlook Connector users. This feature requires MDaemon 16.5.0 Pro. You
may access this feature in MDaemon via "Setup|Outlook Connector" and
configure default client settings to push to all OC users of all domains.
Please refer to MDaemon 16.5.0 release note for additional information
about MDaemon's  Centralized Management of OC Client Settings
-  Outlook Connector will attempt to automatically discover settings. Users
only need to provide their email address and password to connect to the MDaemon server.
When the user clicks Test & Get settings Outlook Connector will try to find the server by
testing common FQDN values.
For IMAP, it tries to authenticate to mail.domain using the dedicated SSL port,
then the non-SSL port with TLS. This is repeated for imap.domain, the domain name,
and then imap.mail.domain. If all attempts fail then non-encrypted logins are attempted.
For SMTP, it tries mail.domain using port 587, 25, and then 465 first using SSL
and then TLS. This is repeated for smtp.domain, the domain name, and then smtp.mail.domain.
If all attempts fail then non-encrypted logins are attempted.
If Outlook Connector is able to successfully authenticate then the incoming and outgoing
server information along with the SSL/TLS information is configured.
-  Update release notes to HTML files
-  fix to certain message/rfc822 attachments may be blank when opened in Outlook
-  fix to messages sent from secondary IMAP account are not saved in Sent Items folder