Outlook Connector for MDaemon v4.X Release Notes
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.5.0 - March 28, 2017
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Added option to configure forwarding within out of office settings in
Outlook. Requires MDaemon 16.5.2 or newer.
-  The out of office UI displays and saves the responder message text even
when the responder is turned off. Requires MDaemon 16.5.2 or newer.
-  Added Spam and Ham buttons for OC Toolbar
-  "Send meeting requests in iCalendar format" setting is enabled by
-  Added support for 64-bit MSI installer. Changes have also been made to
the former 32-bit MSI installer. As of now, there are two MSI installers, the
32-bit MSI installer and the 64-bit MSI installer. Language specific transform
(.MST) files are available for the 32-bit MSI installer and the 64-bit MSI
installer. There are 16 transform files for the 32-bit MSI installer and 16
transform files for the 64-bit MSI installer. The main language of the 32-bit
and 64-bit MSI installers are English. You may use the transform files to
customize the language of OC. You may use the MSI installer and the transform
file, if applicable, to deploy OC through group policies.
-  Disable/warn users who try to create an out of office message when they
do not have the permissions on MDaemon to do so
-  Autoupdate notification prompt will not occur if the OC service is not
-  Updated SQLite to version 3.16.2
-  Added support for DB relocation when database path changed from the
-  Added proxy server support for license requests. If the installer is
unable to download a license file it now prompts for a proxy server address and
credentials which it will use to retry the HTTPS request.
-  Added support for attachment directory relocation when changed from the
-  Added support for Automatic Update Service Feature in 64-bit OC version.
It is a feature that keeps your client up-to-date with the latest OC releases.
When you have auto update enabled, it will check for updates. When updates are
available, the user will be prompted to upgrade. A popup dialog box will prompt
the user to either install the updates or be reminded later. If the user clicks
"Yes", Outlook will shut down, the latest updates will be installed and Outlook
will restart after the installation. The initial installation of the OC client
requires a user with administrative rights to manually install the auto update
service. The auto update service handles the update deployment, allowing users
without administrative rights to install updates. The auto update service must
be running for the auto update feature to work. The Automatic Update Service
Feature for 64-bit OC version requires MDaemon v16.5.0 or higher.
-  fix to Excel may hang when clicking the To button in the compose window
when sending a spreadsheet as an attachment
-  fix to searches that should return results occasionally return no
results on Outlook 2013 or newer
-  fix to possible Outlook crash when doing a send/receive while searching
-  fix to clicking on the "Click here to see what's new before installing
Outlook Connector for MDaemon" link in the server installer does not open the
default web browser
-  fix to when creating an account, clicking the "Test & Get Account
Settings" button may clear the Your Name and Organization fields
-  fix to meeting invite from 3cx not displaying HTML part of email
-  fix to OL 2016 crash when messages sorted by category
-  fix to Outlook will not start up and load profile if the "Your Name"
field is empty
-  fix to Swedish and Dutch translations incorrect for bitness and version
check on client installers
-  fix to OC shortcut for license agreement not working in 32-bit client
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.0.1 - November 15, 2016
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
-  Added support for TLS versions 1.1 and 1.2 for secure connections to
MDaemon. Requires Windows 7 or newer.
-  Environment variables such as %APPDATA% may be used in OC's database
path and attachments directory values. OC defines two custom variables:
%OUTLOOKPROFILE% which expands to the Outlook profile name and %OUTLOOKEMAIL%
which expands to the OC account's email address.
-  fix to iCalendar meeting cancellation message for an instance of a
recurring event from OC cannot be removed in WorldClient
-  fix to OC may not apply all centrally managed settings in certain cases
-  fix to corrupted non-ASCII characters on popup about the admin having
specified invalid incoming and/or outgoing servers
-  fix to "Test & Get Account Settings" button may change the account's
display name and user's full name to its email address
-  fix to "Test & Get Account Settings" button may change settings to be
different than what is configured to be pushed by MDaemon
Outlook Connector for MDaemon 4.0.0 - September 13, 2016
CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES
 The directory where OC stores attachments can now be configured in the
account's config.xml <attachDir> setting. A blank value means use the default,
which is the "Attachments" subdirectory of the local cache location. To better
support roaming profiles it can be changed to a non-roaming local or network
 OC client settings can be managed via MDaemon's Centralized Management
feature. Outlook Connector settings can be pushed to the Outlook Connector
users. This feature requires MDaemon 16.5.0 Pro. You may access this feature in
MDaemon via "Setup|Outlook Connector" and configure default client settings to
push to all OC users of all domains. Please refer to MDaemon 16.5.0 release note
for additional information about MDaemon's  Centralized Management of OC
Client Settings feature.
 Outlook Connector will attempt to automatically discover settings. Users
only need to provide their email address and password to connect to the MDaemon
server. When the user clicks Test & Get settings Outlook Connector will try to
find the server by testing common FQDN values.
For IMAP, it tries to authenticate to mail.domain using the dedicated SSL port,
then the non-SSL port with TLS. This is repeated for imap.domain, the domain
name, and then imap.mail.domain. If all attempts fail then non-encrypted logins
For SMTP, it tries mail.domain using port 587, 25, and then 465 first using SSL
and then TLS. This is repeated for smtp.domain, the domain name, and then
smtp.mail.domain. If all attempts fail then non-encrypted logins are attempted.
If Outlook Connector is able to successfully authenticate then the incoming and
outgoing server information along with the SSL/TLS information is configured.
 Update release notes to HTML files
 fix to certain message/rfc822 attachments may be blank when opened in
 fix to messages sent from secondary IMAP account are not saved in Sent